Big Brands | Huge Choice | Massive Savings

Jack's Self Drive Insurance

The price of a rental from Jack's Self Drive is inclusive of insurance.

Despite the purchase of insurance an excess of £250 for Cars & Vans, £500 on 7.5tn Lorry hires will be charged in the event of vehicle damage.

Age Restrictions

Vehicle Type Age Vehicle Group

Cars: Standard age limits are 25-80

Vans: Standard age limits are 25-80

Our Insurance Covers

Full repairs to Rental Vehicle in the event of a road traffic accident (excluding excess).

Third party liability unlimited (including passengers in hired vehicle).

Theft of vehicle and accessories (excluding excess).

Cover would default if the necessary security precautions were not implemented i.e. if the keys were left in the ignition or the radio front was left in the vehicle.

We reserve the right to increase the excess with each incident.

The standard excess for cars up to a standard size car and standard size van is £250, for people carriers & Box vans & lorries it is £500. However, a higher excess may be applied in certain circumstances.

Our Insurance Does Not Cover

Theft of property within the vehicle.

Driver of the hired vehicle's personal injury or loss of life (their own insurance would have to cover this).

The Insurance does not cover lost or damaged keys, or damage to wheels, windscreens or tyres or the interior of the vehicle. Nor does it cover damage to the vehicle caused by hitting low level objects such as bridges or low branches, or damage caused by failure to pay due care and attention to potential hazards on the road such as deep water or debris. In any of these instances, you will be responsible for the full costs of repair or replacement.

The Insurance does not cover costs following a road traffic accident where our vehicle has to be recovered from an off-road location and there is no third party involved. Customers will also be responsible for any costs incurred by putting the wrong type of fuel in the vehicle. Excess waiver does not cover wheels and tyres.

Insurance Requirements

UK drivers must hold and produce a full category British Driving Licence (Original Copies only) for the type of vehicle hired. Please note that drivers with a photocard licence must bring both parts.

EU drivers must possess a driving licence and either a passport or ID card. Drivers outwith the EU must possess a valid domestic driving licence with English translation. If an English translation is not available, an international driving permit is required in addition to a domestic driving licence. A passport must also accompany a domestic driving licence.

Licence must be valid for the current period of the rental and have been held for at least 1 year.

A licence may have a restriction to the number of seats on a vehicle, which the licence holder is entitled to drive. For most European countries this is 8 plus driver.

Any penalty points should be notified.